Do know someone who's happiest when breathing in the freshest of air and taking in the spectacular views at the top of a hill? Well make sure your Christmas gift to them is something they'll love and use over and over again.
Whether they just like heading out with the dog or have a desire to conquer the toughest trails in the land, we have a number of great gift ideas for walkers in our handy wish list.
Walking wish list
- Hiking boots - The ultimate gift for a walker. A comfortable and protective pair of boots can save your loved one's feet from the perils of blisters and allow them to tackle that challenging trail they've had their eye on.
- Buff - Essentially it's thirteen gifts in one! A Buff can be worn as a neckerchief, headband, wristband, mask, hair-band, balaclava, scarf, headband, scrunchie, saharaine, pirate cap, beanie and bandana.
- Walking poles - Walking poles can help take the strain off your loved ones knees, hips and back and allow them to walk further, faster and with less fatigue.
- Rucksack - Is it time to throw out their old tatty backpack? Well, replace it with a top of the range, feature-filled rucksack.
- Walking socks - Socks for Christmas? What a cliché! However, these aren't those novelty socks they'll only slip on when all their other pairs are in the wash. A thick pair of walking socks will keep their feet warm and comfortable and the hills.
- Bottle - Help them stay hydrated on the trail with a sturdy yet lightweight drinks bottle.
- Waterproof trousers - When preparing for wet weather it can be easy to forget about your lower half. Make sure your loved one stays dry from top to bottom with a pair of waterproof trousers.
- Map - Is there an area of Britain your loved one has always wanted to walk but never got round to it? Get them the push they need with a map of their desired location.
- Head torch - The winter months bring shorter days and longer nights, but that shouldn't keep your loved one indoors. Arm them with a headlamp for a hands-free light source to guide their way across the hills in the dark.
- Binoculars - Buying for a nature lover? Well they'll be able to experience the great outdoors like never before with a pair of compact, yet high quality binoculars.
What would your walking mad loved one like to find under the tree?