Do you know someone who is planning on travelling in the New Year? Why not spoil them this Christmas with something they will actually use this year? There are only so many socks with Santa’s face on it that someone could possibly own.
Whether they like their weekend escapes or prefer a 3 month world trip, being a travelling fanatic can be quite costly, so any little gifts a loved one can provide will be greatly appreciated. Here’s a list of some essentials that any explorer will need on their checklist.
Travellers Christmas Wish List:
- Breathable/sun protective clothing – unless they are staying in the UK, the likelihood that they will need technical clothing to work against the sun, heat and excess moisture is pretty high.
- Packable jacket – easy to throw in their daysack ready for when the weather takes a turn for the worse.
- Rucksack/daysack – they need something to put all their gear in.
- Travel wash bag – toiletries are a standard gift at Christmas, so why not make them useful and have them in a travel wash bag.
- Travel pillow – who knows where they’ll end up sleeping.
- Flask - keep them hydrated – they may have to walk for miles.
- Camera – to capture the memories.
- Selfie stick – to make the gift above that bit easier.
- Diary – to document the experience.
- A good book – to keep them entertained during down time or the plane ride to their destination.
- Money – the currency for their chosen playground.
What would be on your Christmas wishlist? Let us know in the comments below.